Wishlist #3 : To Learn New Skills

Apart from the desire wanting to own something, I've been thinking to learn something, to gain more knowledge, more skills to add in my talent. The problem is I'm not a fast learner and I have a deep relationship with laziness so I tend to procrastinate what I plan to do. 

Still, I'll list what new skills I've been wanting to learn here, so that whenever I stumbled upon this entry, I would be reminded to start learning, if I didn't yet. And who knows that you whom read this would want to learn too, we can be in this mission together!


To play musical instrument


I always adore people who can play any musical instrument. Also, it's so fascinating to watch movie or drama which are based on music such as Page Turner. I really really want to learn to play guitar or piano. As far as I know, most of the music prodigies learned to play when they were young so I kinda been discouraged as I think it's too late for me to learn. But now that I have a lot of free time, I think I might be able to play if I'm determined enough to learn so why not to give it a try, right?


To learn new language


It is a blessed being born as a Malay as I can speak Malay and since English is the lingua franca so learning English is a must but I think it's not enough with just the two language. I adore the work of an interpreter, my mom wanted me to be one, but at that time, the thought of having to memorize things made me wanna puke. 

Now that I started to work and do interact with Chinese and Indian, I always felt left out when they're conversing with each other in their language. Then I started to have the idea to learn Chinese and Indian so that I could understand them, not to mention that the best thing is I'll know if they're badmouthing me. Teehee.


To play sport


I was a volleyball player back in my school days, ahh how I miss those moment. But since volleyball is a team play so I don't play it anymore, now that I don't have a team. The sports I want to learn are swimming, roller blade and skate boarding, things I can do alone. I think I'm most desperate for swimming as I can't fully enjoy playing in water park since I can't swim and that sucks real bad. Oh and I even want to try surfing when I get the chance someday.


I'm giving you a pat on the back if you have any of the skills I mentioned above, I envy youu. Is there anything else that you think I would love to learn? 

Till then,
Lya

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. OMG I do learn third language now. tehehee. I also played musical isntrument which is Gamelan and dah habis level 1. tehehee. and I was a valleyball player back then in highschool too! and even go to peringkat negeri. tehehee :p

    I envy you, because of your very good English! daripada fully blogging in Malay you transformed into blogging in fully English, which i think is very good in soooo many level. sob sobs. while mine is suck as i cant even read it back. sobs!

    wish you best of luck! Fighting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow stylee, and yeah I went to peringkat negeri also for volleyball during school days. I love volleyball so much that it's disappointing that I can't play anymore.

      Thank you for praising my English, you really made my day!

      Delete
  2. I used to learnt chinese but I only know some basic.. And I'm an indian muslim, but too bad, even my dad doesn't know tamil so yeah.. Not a total indian muslim then.. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never learn the two language before so I want to, hope I'll be rajin enough laa

      Delete
  3. learning new languages is really good. i want to learn arabic and korean :( kalau dapat belajar bahasa korea takyah baca subtitle dah bila tengok drama hehe xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to learn korean too! stress kena nak tunggu subtitle keluar baru dapat tengok citer kan haha

      Delete
  4. i really want to learn french (literally forcing myself to learn by myself bit by bit) and yeaaaaaaaah its never too late to start acquiring new skills lol XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. French is hardd but should try nonetheless. Yeah I think age doesn't matter for trying new things.

      Delete
  5. May Allah ease your way. salam kenal

    ReplyDelete